Sunday, December 11, 2005

Its Electric... Coffee Coffee Coffee...

This one has to be straight out of a movie or something.

I went out this morning to pick up a couple of packages being held at the post office, and decided to stop on the way home and get some coffee. Got the coffee, drove home, pulled into our parking space and got ready to get out of the car. I opened the car door, picked up the coffee, slid out the side, reached for the car door to shut it, and...

ZAAAPPP!!!!

The biggest static shock EVAR. My hand automatically clenched shut, squishing the coffee cup it was holding, and...

AAAAHHGHGHHGH!!!!!

In summary, coffee is hot.

I plan to sue Coffee People for making the coffee too hot, and Nissan for making the vehicle too... um... staticish. And probably New Balance as well, for insulating me too well when I stepped out of the vehicle.

2 comments:

Greg McConnell said...

Dang, dude! The visual you've painted is funny, but I do hope your skin is okay. =)

Jason said...

Yeah, my skin is fine, though I was a bit worried at first. It was just slightly tender for the rest of the day.