Monday, November 14, 2005

Start Your Engines!

I feel like it's finally race day, after a long time of preparing, tuning up, fixing little dents, getting my act together, etc. Today was my first day out at Intel, and while I didn't really do anything useful (and probably won't for a little while), it was exciting to finally get started. After spending all morning in an introductory class talking about the history of the company, legal issues, harassment, etc, I finally got to go meet with my boss and got my own little cubicle space. After that it was off to a class to pick up my laptop (yes, a CLASS). This laptop is enough to make most people drool by the way... it's a spiffy little IBM Thinkpad with all the bells and whistles... oof. Plus I got a nice backpack to carry it in, a docking station, keyboard, mouse, and the biggest frickin LCD monitor to go with it. I guess I can't complain about equipment this way.

Now I guess it's time to learn a whole bunch and try to find my way through the maze of "what the..."'s into a new job.

2 comments:

lisa :) said...

Good luck! (And don't you just love corporate training?? *sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm*)

Greg McConnell said...

Jason, until I read this post, I was content with the laptop that I have. Gee, thanks!!

Glad to hear your new job has started.