Thursday, September 22, 2005

Kernel Hacker

Today I became an elite Linux Kernel hacker.

Okay, maybe not. But I did get my first patch accepted into the mainline Linux kernel, trivial though it may be. Today I spent a bunch more time learning about various parts of the Linux kernel, including learning more about the kernel and userspace implementations of raw sockets, since I'm interested in extending bonding to have an ICMP (ping) monitoring mechanism. But enough of that jargon.

No luck so far on the job hunt, I try to spend at least an hour every day searching, though it tends to get boring very quickly since the jobs all start sounding the same.

1 comment:

Greg McConnell said...

Jason,

Congrats on the patch. It sounds like you're really progressing in your knowledge of this field. Keep up the good work.

Later,
Greg