Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Freedom... kinda

Well, it's my first day as an unemployed netizen :-) I suppose it's a bit of a mixed blessing, since I have the freedom to do whatever I want, and yet I know I need to find a job soon. Weird. And what better to do on your first day of unemployment than BLOG!

Yesterday was strange, it was my last day at Intel, and right then on my last day I got an invitation to meet with the manager of the development group I've been testing for all along. Apparently they're looking to fill a couple positions and I got rave reviews from the developers I've been working with, but he wasn't sure I was a good fit for now. I guess it can't be all that bad since it never hurts to have a face-to-face with another manager! I just wish it was a little more clear what I should be doing.

In the mean time I'm continuing to try to learn more about the Linux kernel and try to demonstrate some of my development abilities since that's what I want to do. Right now I'm looking at adding functionality to the Channel Bonding driver, since that's what I worked on the most while at Intel, so I'm picking my way through the Linux TCP/IP stack.

My old computer has been resurrected from the dead after removing a bad memory stick (down to 384MB of memory from 512MB) and a dead hard drive (the 250GB drive died, so I had to swap my 40GB drive back in). I'll have to see if the dead drive is still under warranty, since it's a shame to lose a fairly new 250GB drive.

No comments: