Monday, August 21, 2006

Guzzling Gas

Some statistics:

Total Miles: 4080.2
Average Miles/Stop: 255.013
Total Gallons of Gas: 207.159
Average MPG: 19.686
Average Gas Price: $3.095/gal
Gas cost per mile: $0.1
Total gas cost for our trip to MN and back: $641.46

Think about that the next time you're complaining about airline ticket prices. Also, if you were wondering, gas was the cheapest in the mighty town of Cokato, MN at $2.959/gal, while it was most expensive in Belvidere, SD at $3.299/gal. Shoulda kept driving past that one.

2 comments:

Greg McConnell said...

Very interesting stats. (I'll have to remember to never get gas at Belvidere, SD.)

BTW, which hotel did you stay at in Vegas? Back in April I was there for a conference and stayed at the Monte Carlo. Now I keep getting post cards from them offering me "great" deals...

Jason said...

I stayed at Caesar's Palace, where Black Hat was actually held. Very nice place, though the room I stayed in was a little worse for the wear (had several holes in the wall).

Vegas is crazy.