Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ring Ring, Flush

You know, I've carried my cell phone into the bathroom before. Heck, it has even rung while I was in the bathroom before. But never, in my five-year history of owning a cell phone, while staring at that pearly white urinal with the pink urinal cake and blue rubber splash mat, have I felt the need to *answer* my cell phone. Here is the rough transcript of the conversation I overheard yesterday:

*obnoxious ring tone*
"Hello?"
*flush*
"I'm still at work."
*water splashing*
"Yeah, I'm leaving soon."
*zipper*
"Okay, love you, bye."

In other news, we're shopping for a new cell phone plan. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Greg McConnell said...

lol.

One time I answered the phone right before flushing the toilet, and thankfully I realized what I was about to do and didn't flush. I would have been embarrassed. =)

I'm not sure what cell plan is best for you guys, but whatever plan you get, make sure you don't drop your phone in the toilet. I've heard that's not a good thing!

Anonymous said...

My roomate, while using his hands-free device, proceeded to use the bathroom while talking to his best friend on the phone. I was appalled, he thought nothing of it. Apparently the two of them do it all the time to eachother, and even find it amusing.

Public restrooms, however, add a whole new twist to the sickness of it - you never know who is listening and what kind of noises may be heard that you aren't responsible for.